Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Wore: Nifty Thrifty

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Stuff I Wore: Nifty Thrifty

Dress // Thrifted
Belt // Marshall's, worn here, similar here
Oxfords // Candie's for Kohl's, worn here, similar here
Necklace // Joyce Leslie, similar here
You are looking at my first big thrift find!  I went to the largest thrift store near me a few weeks ago with my bestie Elena.  After combing through racks of moo-moos and contemplating purchasing 80's wedding dresses, I found this adorable little red cotton dress on the "vintage" rack.  I'm not sure how "vintage" this dress is, but the thrift store's definition of "vintage" was pretty disturbing.  Apparently, dashikis and house coats fit the definition.  I think maybe the moth ball smell made it vintage.  I washed the vintage right out of it and wore it to work.
And I would like to mention I was also having a great hair day, with the exception of that one strand.
And after celebrating my first big thrift find, I pinned a bunch of things to look for at thrift stores

Source
Lamp Base + Picture Frame = Side Table
Source
Plate + Candle Sticks = Cake Stand

Source
Thrift store frames filled with scrap book paper.
Source
Thrift store shutters painted with chalkboard paint for mail sorting
Source
Thrift store plates repurposed as mirrors

WIWW

pleated poppy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...