Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Wore: Mad Men and Photo Faces

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Stuff I Wore: Mad Men and Photo Faces

Pants // Banana Republic Mad Men Collection (review here; similar here)
Top // Ann Taylor (similar here)
Jackie Cardigan // J. Crew (worn here)
Check out that photo face!  You know how your mom used to tell you if you kept making that face it would stick like that?  I hope this one sticks.
I also hope the rest of me sticks like this too.  Those pants are from Banana Republic's Mad Men Collection and there is a chance I will wear no other pants for the rest of my life.  I loved them at first sight, but was skeptical about the fit (and the price at $98!!!).  Pants without front or back pockets or a waist band usually spell disaster for me...usually.  Just look at them, they are awesome.  I patiently waited until they hit sale and I got a coupon for 30% off and snagged them for about $40.

MONEY SAVING TIP: Never buy anything full price at Banana Republic AND get a Banana Republic, Gap or Old Navy Card.  You get special coupons via email, 5% back in gift certificates and a birthday gift certificate.

(This is something new I'm going to try out in order to share my thrifty behaviors)

Ring // Stella & Dot (similar here)

Nude Flats // Steve Madden (worn here, similar here)
And my pants got me pinning some Mad Men inspired things...that sounds weird, but you know what I mean.  I am absolutely obsessed with Mad Men.  I now have 4 pieces from the past two Banana Republic Mad Men collections.  So, of course, I brought my obsession on the the almighty obsession-feeder of Pinterest.

I love this cover of Newsweek.  Joan, Betty and Don look ready to take over the world.  Roger looks like he doesn't know where he is.


Source: nfgraphics.com via Leah on Pinterest


I love Joan's style, especially the pencil skirt dresses.




















                                                                                                          Source: goo.gl via Tara on Pinterest


































Not that I know anything about the 50's and 60's, but I am told the show is really historically accurate.




































Source: holykaw.alltop.com via Josh on Pinterest


























And I just thought this was funny...





















And as always on Wednesdays, I'm linking up with some lovely ladies.

pleated poppy




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...