Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Wore: Spirit Journey Formation Anniversary

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Stuff I Wore: Spirit Journey Formation Anniversary

So, Sunday was my birthday.  The big 2-9...the last of my carefree twenties.  Actually, I've been a ball of stress my entire life, so I think I'm going to just start being an irresponsible jerk for my thirties.  I owe it to myself.
The Scot took me to NYC for my big day.  He's my guide dog in the city.  I pretty much get off the train in Penn Station, my brain freezes up and I just want to sit in a pile on the floor and cry.
We started the day off at S'Mac in the East Village, a restaurant that only serves mac and cheese.  I chose the La Mancha with manchego cheese, fennel and onions...topped off with a grape Fizzy Lizzy.


And oh yeah, I got dressed that morning.  I wore what I like to call "my eatin' skirt."  It's cotton, long, stretchy and only cost me $10 at Target (on sale PLUS a coupon).  It's also my "it's my birthday and I'll be damned if I'm going to shave my legs" skirt.  

Maxi Skirt // Target
Gray T-shirt // Target
Sunnies // Betsey Johnson (similar here)
Purse // Juicy Couture via TJ Maxx (gift from Mom) (similar here)
Flip Flops // Coach via TJ Maxx (gift from Mom) (similar here and here)
Cardigan // J. Crew (similar here)
And this outfit was chock full of bday swag.  I gave my mom two missions for my birthday: black purse and black flip flops.  Mission accomplished.  The Scot decided I needed a blue watch since I now have a pink one and a white one.

Coach Boyfriend Strap Watch via Macy's (gift from The Scot)
Bracelets // Forever 21 (similar here)
And the Scot claims he feels left out and that this blog does not feature nearly enough of him.  I told him it's not about him.

Revlon Top Speed Nail Enamel in Royal
I may have gone a bit overboard with the blue.
After I was stuffed with mac and cheese, the Scot rolled me into Brooklyn, where I saw this cool owl on a building.

And also where I found the most awesome mural ever...of cats.  If anyone knows the artist, I would like to commission him / her to paint my entire apartment.

You get a better view of the mural in this picture and of my distended belly and photo bomb fat arm.  Note to self, clutching your purse against your body leads to weird wide armed distortions.
Our destination was the Brooklyn Brewery.

And then I proceeded to drink my face off.  We ended the day with another beer at some hipster bar in Williamburg and then a beer at the Scot's favorite bar Jack Dempsey's in midtown.  It's a bar that likes the same Scottish soccer team as he does or something...I don't know.  All the bartenders look like the Scot and have either Irish or Scottish accents, so I assume the bar is run by one of his family members.


And as always on Wednesdays, I'm linking up with some lovely ladies.

pleated poppy



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...