Penniless Socialite: One Shirt, Two Ways: Minty Fresh

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

One Shirt, Two Ways: Minty Fresh

Today, I'm actually going to write about the shirt I'm wearing instead of something random that has nothing to do with my outfit.  I know, weird right?  It's like this is a fashion blog or something.
Mint Flower Child Top // c/o Sugar Lips; Pencil Skirt // Target; Tory Burch Reva Ballet Flats (worn here)
Bracelets // Forever 21 (similar here); Cropped Cardigan // White House Black Market (similar here)
I'm pretty sure if I could just get my hands on more items in my current color obsession, mint, I would wear it everyday.  See my obsession demonstrated here, here and here.  And now I have a mint top to add to my collection.  Ok, when I say collection, I mean I have a pair of mint jeans and a mint cardigan.  It's a small collection.

I knew this top looked good when the secretaries at work ooo'ed and ahhh'ed over it for a few minutes, inspecting me like an entry in the Westminster dog show.  The color is a perfect pale mint and the beading detail is adorable.  AND I managed to go a whole day without ripping a single bead off.  My only problem with this shirt is that it runs large.  I should have sized down.  
One of my style rules to counteract a big flowy top (that you may have gotten in the wrong size) is to pair it with skinny bottoms, like my pencil skirt above.  I would NOT wear this top with an A-line skirt.   


And I also plan on wearing this top on a casual weekend paired with some pastel skinny jeans and some flip flops.  (NOT with leather shorts like the model.  Leather shorts belong no where near my legs.)

Casual Mint Flower Child Top




As always, today I'm linking up with these lovely ladies.
pleated poppy

Disclaimer: I received this top free of charge from Sugarlips, however, I styled it on my own and formed my own opinions.  And yes, I actually wore it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...