Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Wore: Tailor Made (OOTD 1.4.12)

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stuff I Wore: Tailor Made (OOTD 1.4.12)

Similar Boots
Similar Skirt
Similar Necklace
While getting back into the swing of things after the New Year holiday weekend, I wore an Anthro sale purchase: the Accordion Cutout Skirt.  This skirt was a steal at $30!  
This skirt required a slight alteration on my part.  So, I purchased my normal size 6 after having NEVER tried it on in store.  What I did not realize is that that the skirt's lining fits more like a pencil skirt than does the outer pleated layer.  I normally have to size up in pencil skirts.  When the skirt arrived in the mail, I was horrified to realize that the lining of the skirt was waaaay too tight.  The skirt was already so cheap and my Anthro did not have any size 8's in stock.  what was a girl to do!  And then I panicked.  In a moment of hysterics and instead of wearing Spanx to work), I did a quickie at home alteration.  Since I can't sew, I just ripped the side seams on the lining to make slits on either side.  Seriously, this was a moment of insanity.  However, it worked out.  And you can't even tell!  I'll probably make it a little nicer and have my tailor sew the raw edges.




Pocket tee
$8 - target.com

Halston Heritage tux jacket
$154 - theoutnet.com

Accordion Cutout Skirt
$30 - anthropologie.com

Bow jewelry (similar)
$9.99 - modcloth.com

Miss Selfridge leaf jewelry
£5 - missselfridge.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...