Penniless Socialite: Guest Post: A Dress for Two Seasons with Bitty and Bunny

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Guest Post: A Dress for Two Seasons with Bitty and Bunny

Today I am enjoying my last full day across the pond.  So, Kym is here to end my confusion about what to wear during the wacky NJ September weather.  Is it Summer?  Is it Fall?  I need some fashion help.

Hello lovely Penniless Socialite readers!  Tara asked me to guest post while she's off in Scotland.  After snapping myself out of a men-in-kilt filled reverie (what, I know I'm not the only one who digs a guy in a skirt), I jumped at the chance.  I mean, an opportunity to be on Penniless Socialite while simultaneously helping out a fellow vegetarian style blogger who also hails from NJ?  Yes, please!
I'm Kym, by the way, and I blog about my style, musings, random thoughts, and other assorted nonsense over at bitty.and.bunny.  Since Tara gets mildly confused by dressing in September (poor thing), she's asked us to feature a summer to fall transition outfit.  Since I get confused by the words transition outfit, I decided to show you how you can style one piece (in this case a chevron-printed dress) for both summer and fall. 
For summer I went for some print mixing and belted a striped tee shirt over the dress.  A pair of bright red heels and a statement necklace complete the look while keeping me cool in the heat.

 target dress & top  |  payless shoes  |  thrifted belt  |  f21 necklace
To take this dress into fall, I piled on the coziness with lots of layers.  A chambray button-up, cardi, scarf, and boots up the comfy quotient, while a belt cinches in some of the bulk and adds a little shape.

target dress & cardi  |  old navy chambray & scarf  |  steve madden boots  |  h&m belt  |  f21 bracelets
So there you have it - one dress, two seasons.  I hope this inspires you to keep rocking your summer wardrobe right into fall!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...