Penniless Socialite: What I Wore Wednesday: My First Stitch Fix!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday: My First Stitch Fix!


If you don't know what Stitch Fix is, listen up...or read up I guess?  Stitch Fix is a personal styling service.  You fill out a style profile and include your sizing information and then Stitch Fix sends some goodies your way.  It's like a personal stylist by mail!  You get to keep the goods for three days, have a little fashion show, and then send back what you don't want.  (If you need a little more time, just email Stitch Fix and they are awesome about giving you an extra day or so).  You get 5 items (clothing and accessories) in each Fix.  Each item comes with a tag complete with a description of the item and a little picture of styling suggestions.  Stitch Fix will then charge you for the items you chose to keep.  There is a $20 styling fee charged, but you get to use that $20 towards purchasing something that comes in your "fix."  You can also tell Stitch Fix in your style profile your desired price points for items.  My items ranged from $30 to $100.  Stitch Fix teams up with some amazing brands, some of which you might not have access to in your geographical area.  And, full disclosure, if you click on this link and sign up, I do get a $25 credit.
  

1. Two Tone Chain Necklace // Kole Designs - I would have kept this necklace, except that I already have TWO similar necklaces.  The Scot is actually very observant when it comes to my shopping habits.  There is no way I could have slipped this necklace by him.  I'll give Stitch Fix a point for knowing what I like.


2. Ophelle Shirtdress // Lovposh - I loved the pattern and the overall shape of this dress.  A-line shirt dress? Yes!  I usually look terrible in shirt dresses because of my bedonkadonk which leads to weird stretching of buttons.  Unfortunately, this dress was a wee bit short.


3. Park Flutter Sleeve Dress // Peppermint - I adored the pattern on this dress but it was waaaaay too short and tight...like so tight I couldn't walk or sit down.  For some reason, the Scot wanted me to keep this dress.


4. Green Shirt // Very J - I loved this shirt.  It's flowy and goes with pencil skirts or skinny jeans.


5. Corva Sleeveless Dress // BB Dakota - I also LO-OVED this dress (so much so that I made lvoe a 2 syllable word).  However, it was a little pricey at $100.  And I found it cheaper at Piperlime...maybe a New Year's present to myself?

And [drum roll] what did I keep?



Shirt // Very J via Stitch Fix
Skirt // Simply Vera for Kohl's (worn here, similar here)
Cardigan // Ann Taylor (similar here)
Tights // Hue (similar here)
Necklace // Forever 21 (worn here, similar here)
Shoes // BCBG via Marshall's (worn here, similar here)
Bracelet // Groopdealz (worn here, similar here)
Watch // Target (worn here, similar here)


   

**Full Disclosure: This is NOT a paid review.  I am in no way affiliated with Stitch Fix.  I paid the $20 styling fee like everyone else.  All opinions are mine and I just wanted to share an amazing company with my readers.  I do get a $25 credit for everyone that signs up via my referral link here, but everyone else gets this too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...