Penniless Socialite: My First Glam Bag

Monday, February 27, 2012

My First Glam Bag


I just signed up for My Glam and my first Glam Bag arrived right before Valentine's Day.  It's a lot like Birch Box.  For $10 per month you get 4-5 deluxe sized sample (or full sized products) in a cute little bag.  when you sign up you take a beauty quiz that, supposedly, determines what you'll get each month.  But, from what I've seen around the blogosphere, everyone gets the same stuff.  Maybe the colors and scents are different?
I heard that a lot of people were disappointed in this month's offering, but I was satisfied overall.
This month's Glam bag came with:

X Out Shine Control - This is an oil free moisturizer that is supposed to eliminate shine.  I have a pretty shiny forehead, so this seemed pretty useful to me.  Unfortunately, I don't think it eliminated much shine and it smelled like medicine.  On the plus side, it did moisturize.  I'll keep this around as a backup.

NYX Roll On Shimmer - This is (obviously) a roll on shimmer powder.  I am not a glitter fan because I am neither a 14 year old nor a stripper, however, I think this product makes for a nice highlighter.  I'd recommend it for evening though since it does have quite a bit of sparkle.

Premier Facial Serum - I've been wanting to ramp up my skin care regimen, so this might help me put my toes int he water.

Freeman Facial Hydration Mask - I'm actually really excited to test this out.  I've never used a mask and the winter had wreaked havoc on my skin.

$100 Gift Certificate to NuMeStyle - This sounds a little too good to be true.  Well, it is.  There isn't anything you can use the gift card on that's less than $135.  However, I am in the market for a wet to dry hair straightener.  So, I'll take one for $50 or less.

Ghirardelli Chocolates - That was my little surprise in that gray box.

The Verdict - I am going to keep my subscription for at least two more months and see what the next bag offers.  I am pretty hopeful.  It's a newer company and maybe they just need to hit their stride.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...