Penniless Socialite: October Glam Bag

Thursday, October 18, 2012

October Glam Bag



This month's was my favorite Glam Bag yet!  This month's theme was Hello Bombshell and provides all the necessities to create that bombshell look.  I loved that this month's bag included mostly makeup products and 2 FULL SIZE products.  The lip gloss alone was worth the $10 subscription fee.  The makeup bag was definitely the best quality one so far and I love the chevron print.

1. Be a Bombshell | Black Eyeliner Pen (full size)
I'm not a liquid liner gal, but this felt tip pen might change my mind.  It goes on really smooth and dark.  It's definitely not daytime appropriate, but will contribute to the perfect date look.

2. Mirenesse | Lip Bomb in #9 (full size)
I've never heard of this brand, but I love this lip gloss.  It goes on smooth, smells minty and is very pigmented.


3. The Balm | Whats your type? Body Builder Black Mascara
This mascara is AMAZING!  It really makes your lashes look thicker and longer.  Again, the look it creates may not be work appropriate, but it's a pretty sexy date look.

4. Couture Colour | Pequi Oil Treatment
I'm usually not thrilled with hair products I get.  I am pretty picky about hair products and I don't tend to use oil in my hair.  However, I am now a believer.  Just a dollop of this stuff made my hair shinier and resulted in less flyaways.  Extra bonus: it smells good!  My only complaint is that it's a little difficult to get the oil out of the container.

5. Coastal Scents | Eye Shadow
I actually have a similar eye shadow set from Almay, so this wasn't very adventurous for me.  The eye shadow goes on smooth with nice pigment and lasts a few hours even without primer.  It can also be used wet for added pigment, but I didn't really see a need.

According to the Glam Bag website (now called Ipsy, formerly My Glam) different colors of the eye shadow and lip gloss were sent out.  I assume they used the beauty quiz I filled out when signing up to choose the colors because they were really me! (duh, since the eye shadow is something I basically already own).  So, my Glam bag subscription lives to see another month.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...