Penniless Socialite: In the Caboodle: Cream Eyeliner Tips

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

In the Caboodle: Cream Eyeliner Tips



A friend asked me this weekend, "What's that pot of black stuff that came in my Ipsy bag this month?"  It's cream eyeliner.  When I first discovered cream eyeliners a few years ago, I never looked back to my past life of pencil eyeliners, however, I realize not everyone is a convert or even realizes that there's this whole other world of eyeliners.  Personally, I think I have more control over the width of the line with cream liners and I get a crisper line.  Contact wearers like myself have to be careful about what liners they use and you shouldn't use liquid liner.  I think gel and cream liners give you a look more comparable to liquid liner.  It does take a little getting used to, so here are a few of my tips.

1. Get yourself a slanted brush.  The straight brushes just don't work as well.   You can't glide smoothly enough across your lid.

2. Make sure whatever liner you choose, it's smooth and creamy.  Some of the cream liners out there have a sticky texture (i.e. Stila) and I have found them to be difficult to put on.  My personal favorite is E.L.F., but I know others that swear by Tarte.

3. After you swipe the brush through the liner, wipe off extra on the inside of the jar.  Clumps of liner on the brush will give you an uneven line.

4. Clean your brush often.  If you let liner build up on the brush for a few days the brush won't glide across the lid and you'll get a thicker and thicker line as more liner accumulates on the brush.

5. Use a primer.  Ok, this is just general good advice for applying all eye makeup.

6.  Set the liner with a little matte black eye shadow.  I've found that when I do this my liner lasts all day and night.  I have woken up with perfect eyeliner after some late nights.

So any one going to try out cream liners?  Or do you already use them?

Linking up to the Instagram Blog Hop and Totally Linked In Tuesdays.
This month's Supreme Whopper Sponsor is:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...