Penniless Socialite: On a Budget: HoneyBee Alley

Friday, March 1, 2013

On a Budget: HoneyBee Alley



Jessica is a professional jewelry maker, blogger and all around cool lady.  When she's not making jewelry during her day job...she makes jewelry for her own Etsy shop, Honey Bee Alley.  This is a lady that is dedicated to her craft.  So, I (virtually) sat down with Jessica and talked about the jewelry biz.


Q. How did you get started making your own jewelry?
A. I got started making jewelry when I was about 12.  My mom decided that she was going to learn how to make jewelry, so she could make all of the girls in the family charm bracelets for Christmas.  I started making jewelry when she did.  I've made it ever since and given it to friends for their birthdays.  I never thought about selling it until I was out of work for a pretty long time and money was really tight, so I thought, why not try selling my jewelry?  I've been selling it ever since.

Q. Where do you get your design inspiration from?
A. I get my design inspiration from a lot of places, sometimes from nature, and often from Pinterest.   I like Pinterest because there is so much inspiration in some of the most unlikely sources.  For example, I might get an idea for a color scheme from a photograph.

Q. Who are your style icons?
A. I don't actually have any style icons.  My style is sort of a mix of feminine pieces with "rocker" pieces, like wearing combat boots with a floral dress.

Q. What are some of your favorite pieces in your shop right now?
A. My favorite piece in my shop right now is this necklace.  I also really like these two necklaces: here and here.


Jessica sent me that adorable little link bracelet.  Yep, it's mixed metal, yep it'll go with everything.  This little guy is going to be a part of many arm parties to come.
Watch: Michael Kors | Bracelets: Rocks Box, Forever 21 & Honey Bee Alley

Q. What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?
A. You definitely asked the right person this question.  I have written blog posts reviewing ice cream flavors.  My favorite flavor of ice cream used to be Ben and Jerry's Dublin Mudslide, but I was recently diagnosed with celiac disease, and it's not a gluten free flavor, so I have to find a new favorite ice cream.

Q. What's your favorite TV show or movie to watch that you're embarrassed to let others know you watch?
A. I have written a blog post about this one too.  I would have to say Jersey Shore.  I love to watch it when I'm feeling like my life sucks, because compared to their crazy drama-filled lives my life is fantastic.

**If you have a shop that you would like featured in "On a Budget" email me at pennilesssocialite@gmail.com**
Linking up with Long Distance LovingAloha Friday Blog HopFollow Friend FridayHappy Friday Blog Hop

This month's Supreme Whopper Sponsor is:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...