Penniless Socialite: Cupcakes and Cashmere Collection from Shopbop

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Cupcakes and Cashmere Collection from Shopbop

If you haven't heard, one of the fashion blogging world's superstars, Cupcakes and Cashmere, has launched a clothing line.  It's available at one of my fav shopping destinations, Shopbop.  Although I love the girly-casual aesthetic of the line and the price points (in the range of $100), I am less than thrilled with the size choices.  I am between an 8 and a 12 (depending on the brand and style) and I don't think I could get into anything other than perhaps a cotton top or jacket.  I feel like alienating a large portion of your fan base was a mistake, but at the same time, I understand this was a first try at something new.  Instead of inserting a tirade here, I am going to offer a suggestion and be hopeful.  I am hope the Ms. Cupcakes will incorporate ladies of a wider variety of body types and shapes into her next collection.  Many of the silhouettes in this collection would look fab on lots of different shapes and sizes!  I have provided a few different options to recreate two of the looks below with other options.
cupcakes and Cashmere 1

1. Top (similar) | 2. Sunglasses (options) | 3. Bag (similar) |
4. Skirt (options, similar) | 5. Shoes (similar)


Cupcakes and Cashmere 2

1. Shoes (options) | 2. Jacket (similar) | 3. Sunglasses (options) | 4. bag (options) | 5. Dress (similar)

 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...