Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Wore: Work to Weekend Hip Cinched Blouse

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Stuff I Wore: Work to Weekend Hip Cinched Blouse

I went a little nuts with the Hip Cinched Blouse two weeks ago.  I didn't buy this shirt until the 50% off Black Friday sale because I didn't think it fit right.  I couldn't resist it at the price and I was determined to make it work.  So far, I have determined it looks great under a cardigan.  My main problem is that the hip portion is really tight and the cowl neck is HUGE.  My next idea: pair is with leggings and a long sleeve shirt underneath.  You'll know if it doesn't work out when I refuse to post the pictures on here.  
I wore it to work on Thursday.

OOTD 12.1.11
Hip Cinched Blouse // Maeve // Anthropologie
Navy Cardigan // J. Crew (similar)
Boots // Steve Madden // Famous Footwear (similar)
Brown A-line Skirt // Ann Taylor (similar)

And then I wore it again that Saturday to venture into the city to see the tree.  Yes, I am from New Jersey and we have to go see the Rockefeller Christmas tree every year.  I know it's just a giant tree, but it's tradition, a tradition the Scot just does not understand.  But, he'll take any opportunity to travel into the city since I have trapped him out in the suburbs.  I had a wonderful day in the city with the Scot and our best couple friends.

OOTD 12.3.11
Hip Cinched Blouse // Maeve // Anthropologie
Navy Cardigan // J. Crew (similar)
Boots // Steve Madden // Famous Footwear (similar)
Jeans // Banana Republic
Gray Socks // Target

I had some kind of beer cocktail mixed with a sweet raspberry liquor, and I switched over the the orangey Indian River Light when I realized I was getting a bit tipsy.  The signs at the brewery indicated that there was some sort of beer champagne concoction available.  Our waiter did not know what we were talking about, so I guess we'll just HAVE to go back there and try to figure it out. We had dinner at the Galway Hooker on East 36th Street and then went for (more) drinks at the Heartland Brewery in the Empire State Building.  Before I continue, I must let you know that my friends and I LOVE beer.  We've visited every brewery in New Jersey and are starting to branch out to New York.  I'm sort of a beer snob.  
Me, the tree, and my favorite coat (Old Navy circa 2008?)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...