Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Love: April / May 2012 Edition

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Stuff I Love: April / May 2012 Edition



So, I haven't been doing my Love Lists for the past few months because...well, because I am just a little lazy.
1. BB Cream 
Source
Available at Target
After reading all about this apparently magical substance called BB Cream, I wanted to try it out for myself.  I want to preface this by saying that I need to wear some pretty heavy duty foundation if I want to see any difference.  I have a whole myriad of face problems.  I'm pale, freckled and large pore'd.  And just to add insult to injury, I also have horrible under eye circles.  So, my lazy ass was excited to hear that there was a moisturizer, primer and foundation in one.  Now, this product does not replace my regimen of moisturizing, priming and foundation-ing(?); however, it provides enough coverage for my everyday life.  On fancy days I will still lather up my face with product.

2. Essie Navigate Her
Buy Here
 I don't have much to say about this color other than I saw it on a waitress while at lunch one day and immediately ran out to buy it.

3. Peplum
Mint Texture Peplum Skirt
I love this peplum trend.  It accentuates the hourglass shape, while covering up pesky middle rolls.  This skirt will most likely be my next purchase.

4. Addakitty



There is a freakin' iPhone app that does nothing but add pictures of cats to your pictures.  I don't need to say any thing else.  Expect to see some kitty photo-bombed outfit photos.

5. Don't Trust the B -- in Apartment 23

Source
This show is about some mid-western girl who moves in with some bitch in NYC.  I don't care about the main storyline.  I care that this show stars JAMES VAN DER BEEK.  He plays an exaggerated version of himself still living in the shadows of his former Dawson's Creek stardom.  He stars in a Japanese energy drink commercial, is on Dancing with the Stars and comes out with his own line of jeans ("Put your cheeks in a Beek.").  Oh yeah, it's on Wednesday's at 9:30 on ABC.


6. NJ Craft Beer Card

I paid $20 for this discount card and now I get money off food and drink bills at a variety of restaurants in the area that serve craft beers.  If you live in NJ, this card is totally worth it.  I've already saved $50.  Maybe the fact that I've saved $50 on food and beer in the last month is the reason why I haven't lost any weight.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...