Penniless Socialite: Friday's Fancies: Miriam Gonzalez Durantez

Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Miriam Gonzalez Durantez

Source
While I was off in Scotland, I did get a chance to read the newspaper.  The entire female population of Scotland lost their collective sh*t over the white dress worn by Miriam Gonzalez Durantez, the wife of the Deputy Prime Minister, to the Liberal Democrat Party Conference.  Seriously....it was front page news.  The dress was designed by Henrietta Ludgate, a Scottish designer that is committed to using locally sourced fabric.  The 'Chimera' dress worn by Durantez is made from Yorkshire jersey with the peplum detail at the hips made from recycled baseball cap peaks.
While I applaud her efforts to go green and support local designers, this dress is not exactly budget friendly at 390 lbs (about $630).  ( I don't know how to make the British money symbol in Blogger).  So, I created a budget-friendly version and added some accessories.  I tried my best.  The dress is from a UK store and the shoes are vegan.  You can donate the money you save on the dress to an environmentally minded charity.
Miriam Gonzalez Durantez


I'm still recovering from the journey home from Scotland, so I will be back to regular blogging on Monday with stories of my adventures across the pond.



Linking up with:

At Home Take 2 Lil’ Mrs. Tori
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...