Penniless Socialite: In the Caboodle: February Ipsy Bag

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

In the Caboodle: February Ipsy Bag

Feb 14 Ipsy Bag Feb 14 Ipsy Collage
My Ipsy bag was a little late this month; I assume because of all the snow.  So, I had already seen most of the products in other bloggers' posts and had my fingers crossed that I would get certain things. 
  • Pop Beauty Plump Pout Mini in Peony Petal ($16): I unexpectedly loved this product.  I am pretty attached to my Buxom and Mary Kay lip glosses and I rarely stray.  However, Pop Beauty's gloss is super smooth and moisturizing.  It's pretty long lasting for a gloss, and my hair didn't even get stuck in it.  The peony petal color is the perfect shade of pink for fair skin.  It's a little pink and a little red, but not too bright.  
  • Zoya Polish in Odette ($9): I love Zoya polish.  I was really hoping I'd get this smokey purple in my bag.  And I did!
  • Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow in Spiced Rum ($18): This shadow is supposed to be a shadow and primer in one.  It's fairly thick, but applies nicely.  Unfortunately, this color is not for my fair skin.
  • City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon ($2.99): I have no opinion on this blush because I did not try it.  This color would look absolutely terrible on me.
  • NuMe Hair Mask: This is a conditioner that you're supposed to apply to damp hair after your shower and then rinse.  I have not had time to try it out, but right now my hair could use a little moisture pick-me-up.  I usually don't use a dryer and straightener on my hair everyday, but the tundra-like conditions lately have forced me to blast my hair with heat everyday.  It doesn't appear to be available on NuMe's website yet, so I have no idea what it costs.
The total value of my glam bag this month was about $45 (even without the unknown cost of the hair mask)!  (I didn't know the real value of the mark fading pads, so my number is a little vague).  Although I will not use the lip pencil and nail polish, I think it was worth it.

The Glam Bag Deets
  • $10 per month
  • 5 beauty products, some full sized (2-3) in each bag
  • 1 cosmetic bag
**Full Disclosure: Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription services.  I am in no way affiliated with Ipsy and have not received any compensation for this post.  However, I do receive points to redeem for product if I refer new subscribers with my referral link here.  All opinions are 100% mine. 

Linking up with Noor's Place and Glossy Blonde
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...