Penniless Socialite: Engagement Photos Part 2

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Engagement Photos Part 2

Last week I posted the first half of our engagement photos (here) and I told you there was a costume change.  If you thought I was joking, you obviously have not been reading this blog very long.  And oh, what an epic costume change it was...occurring in the parking lot of the arboretum while the Scot shielded me from onlookers.  (It was a rainy and cold day....there were no onlookers).
DSC_0730 
Pure Edith Hat: Modcloth (exact)  | With Only a Wink Dress: Bettie Page via Modcloth (exact)
Save $15 off your first Modcloth purchase of $50 or more! Click HERE!
DSC_0734 
I actually purchased this dress 6 months ago in Las Vegas at the Bettie Page store, with the intent to wear it for our engagement photos.  Do you know how hard it was to save this beauty?!  I also knew the second I saw it that I wanted there to be a hat involved.  I just felt like the outfit (and the setting) called for a hat.  It also did not hurt that the rain turned my hair into a disheveled frizz fest, so the hat was a welcome change. 
DSC_0739 
If you notice, the Scot did not change.  He now regrets that decision.  But, honestly, this photo shoot was mostly about me...and my hat.  The ranking here was:
1. Me
2. the Hat
3. the Dress....you get the idea.
DSC_0753 DSC_0770 DSC_0777

And I would like everyone to poor one out for my beautiful leopard t-straps.  You can not tell in the photos, but my cat chewed the straps down to nothing.  They were held on my feet by a whole lotta hope (and maybe a little cat spit).  That was a fun surprise that day!  Also, I thought dogs were supposed to be the ones chewing up all your beloved stuff?  

Linking up with The Style RecordLittle Miss MondayMix it MondayFunday MondayMonday Morning GossipMonday MingleTrend Spin Link UpStylish TuesdaySyle SessionsAfternoon StyleThe Pleated PoppyTransatlantic BlondeWhims WednesdayBecause Shanna Said So, I Feel PrettyBe.You.,tiful Link PartyMix and Match FashionAll Things ThursdayLovely Blog HopPassion for FashionSimply Just LovelyVodka Infused LemonadeThat Friday Blog HopFashion Informant Link UpFriday's Fab Favorites, and Perfectly Coutured
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...