Penniless Socialite: In the Caboodle: July Ipsy Bag

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

In the Caboodle: July Ipsy Bag

July 14 Ipsy 1 July 14 Ipsy 2
Pixi Beauty Tinted Brilliance Balm (1.8g, ~$7): I'm on the fence about this one.  It's super moisturizing and smells good.  However, it did not have enough tint to make me use this instead of regular chapstick.

Clear Clinic Clear Spot Treatment (2 mL, ~$9): This is marketed as "an on-the-go clear spot treatment specially formulated with menthol, glycolic and salicylic acids."  It's definitely sized for easy travel; however, I am pretty sure this is just rubbing alcohol.  I tried it on some blemishes and didn't really see any results. 

Bare Minerals 5 in 1 BB Cream Shadow (0.01g, ~$6): This shadow is supposed to be long-wearing and is supposed to smooth fine lines.  I was unable to try this out for a day because essentially this shade (Barely Nude) is the same color as my skin.  However, when swiped on my hand it was so silky smooth and didn't rest into any creases.  I might try it out in another shade, but at $18 for the full-size, it's a little pricey.

Models Own Nail Polish ($5): This crap was the color and consistency of cheap strawberry jelly.  This may be the absolute worst nail polish ever.  I am not even providing you a link to purchase it because I don't want you to even be tempted.

PurLisse SPF 30 Moisturizer (0.5 oz, ~$16): I am a huge PurLisse fan.  Their products claim to mesh natural wholeistic ingredients with more modern technology.  I am not too sure what this means.  Maybe I am putting less horrible genetically engineered monster blood on my face?  Whatever they do, it works.  Their moisturizers are the best.  However, they are a hefty $55.  So, I am super happy to get this deluxe sized sample.  And even happier that it has SPF 30.  It's pretty much sunblock that feels like lightweight expensive moisturizer.

The Glam Bag Deets
  • $10 per month
  • 5 beauty products, some full sized (2-3) in each bag
  • 1 cosmetic bag
**Full Disclosure: Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription services.  I am in no way affiliated with Ipsy and have not received any compensation for this post.  However, I do receive points to redeem for product if I refer new subscribers with my referral link here.  All opinions are 100% mine.
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...