Penniless Socialite: August Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August Ipsy Glam Bag Review

August 14 Ipsy Bag August 14 Ipsy 2
Klorane Dry Shampoo (1.6 oz. ~$6): I love dry shampoo...because I am a gross person that sometimes finds showering on the weekend a chore.  This product made my hair smell good and gave it nice body, without making it look like I am going grey (like some dry shampoos tend to do).

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Primer (0.25 oz. ~$10): Ipsy refers to this as a "cult favorite."  It is not a favorite of mine.  It smells like medicine and I couldn't even tell you if it actually reduces the appearance of pores because I couldn't leave it on for more than a few seconds.  It burned!

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara (0.1 fl. oz. ~$5): BEST.MASCARA.EVER.  The End.  I am a grocery store mascara brand lover.  You can never pry my Maybelline out of my hand.  Until now.  My lashes have never looked longer, blacker or plumper.  

J. Cat Flying Solo Eyeshadow (full size, $2.99):  I'm not in love with this shadow.  it's not as long-lasting as higher end shadows.  The shade actually looks like bronzer, not eye shadow.  And the packaging is weird.  it has a useless little mirror inside.  Who needs a mirror that small?  Great.  I can look at one zit.

Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Conditioner (full size, $5): I like that Jersey Shore Sun makes all organic, cruelty free products...and even has some vegan products.  However, this stuff is orange flavored chap stick.  Nothing special.

This month the Glam Bag had a value of almost $30.  Not the greatest value yet and I feel like the quality of product was really piss poor with this bag.  At least I got a nice mascara and some dry shampoo.

The Glam Bag Deets
  • $10 per month
  • 5 beauty products, some full sized (2-3) in each bag
  • 1 cosmetic bag
**Full Disclosure: Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription services.  I am in no way affiliated with Ipsy and have not received any compensation for this post.  However, I do receive points to redeem for product if I refer new subscribers with my referral link here.  All opinions are 100% mine.
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...