I've never ever ever tried hair extensions. I always just figured it would look like a wig or a box of hair sitting on my head. However, Irresistible Me has proven me wrong.
First things first, they cam packaged beautifully. It wasn't just a box of hair that showed up on my doorstep. They package one weft of hair separately so that you can take it out and test the color, length, and thickness to make sure you really really want to keep the set of extensions.
The actual extensions are made of real human hair in wefts with one, two, three, or four clips attached. The clips are easy to put in by yourself. The installation process, if you will, is pretty easy.
1. Separate your hair into two, three, or four horizontal sections, depending on the thickness of your hair. Mine took three sections.
2. Start with the largest weft (4 clips) and slid it into the bottom layer of hair at the back of your head with the clips open. Make sure the weft is lying flat and press the clips closed.
3. Fill in the bottom layer at the front with the 2 clip wefts on either side.
4. Smooth the middle sections of hair over the wefts and place a 3 clip weft in the middle layer part.
5. Fill in the middle later at the front with the single clip wefts.
6. Smooth the top layer of hair over. I wound up with the three clip weft left over.And now for the results!
I was super duper happy with the results! According to the Scot, the new look was very "90's Jennifer Aniston." Great. Because to women in my generation, Friends-era Jennifer Aniston is the pinnacle of beauty.
Irresistable Me hair extensions, because they are real human hair, can be washed, dyed, and/or heat-styled. I was lucky enough that one of the plethora of colors offered perfectly matched my hair color. For styling, I sprayed each weft with heat protectant spray and ran a flat iron through them. I finished them off with a little anti-frizz spray because the extensions were a bit frizzy (and the NJ humidity is at 99.9999%).
And, again, because these are made of real human hair, they should be washed to remove hair spray and such when you want to re-style them. They should be washed with a shampoo that does not contain much sulfates because these will degrade the extensions.