I have a little secret. I buy most of my Fall clothing at end of summer sales. I very rarely buy clothes in season (i.e. pay full price like a sucker). Many of the Labor Day sales include items that came out as part of this new invented season of pre-Fall and items that just transition nicely into Fall and Winter. So, here's a list of items that I intend to snag cheap this weekend!
1. Cardigans. Somehow sweaters always make it into summer collections. Maybe it's the proliferation of male-controlled office air conditioners that has led to the cardigan becoming a summer style staple? I'll be snagging a few of these $20 cardigans at J. Crew Factory this weekend.
2. Denim. Jeans have no season. Get them while they're cheap. These Madewell jeans are almost 50% off!
3. Pencil Skirts. Pencil skirts are timeless and season-less. I think I might add a green one to my collection.
4. Boho-Style Items. Boho-style was everywhere this summer. However, I've always thought the boho look wa sa little more conducive to Fall. I think it's the color scheme. Free People dresses are especially great for Fall if you just add some leggings and booties.
5. Work Dresses. I tend to stock up on work dresses, which tend to be in the suiting section of the store, at the end of the summer. A black dress is a black dress no matter what time of year you purchase it!
6. Neutral Shoes. A pair of black pumps always makes it's way into a Labor Day sale. Take advantage.
1. follow your hosts
Tara @ Penniless Socialite
Sharon @ The Tiny Heart2. grab a button
Or link back to one of your hosts, and help us promote Look What I Got!
3. link up!
Link up your post on what you got (for cheap)!
(Please don't link up your entire blog or any posts that are not "Look What I Got"! )
We love having you link up and we will be reading all your posts! So, if you don't follow the rules and link back you'll be put in time out (i.e. we'll delete your link).
4. mix and mingle
Visit some other blogs and let them know you found them through the link up!