Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Bought: Forever 21 Jewelry Sale

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Stuff I Bought: Forever 21 Jewelry Sale

This weekend I went shopping with my buddy E.  I went to the mall with 3 purposes and I actually did not deviate from these missions and get distracted by shiny things.
My first task was to purchase new eye shadow primer.  I had previously been hopelessly devoted to Urban Decay's Primer Potion.


This stuff is magic and prevents my eye shadow from clumping into my old lady creases.  There was just one small problem with the design of the packaging, the paint kept chipping off the bottle.  This does not sound like a huge problem, however, these paint chips managed to wedge themselves into every crevice of my life.  I found them inside other makeup, on my face and hands and, most recently, on my cats' paws.  That was pretty much the final straw for me, I could handle having little flecks of purple paint on my face at lease twice a week, but now my cats were going to track more than kitty litter throughout my apartment.

So, in a fit of rage, I purchased Stila's Primer Pot.  It's also a magical product.  What I like about the Prime Pot is that you can just apply it with your finger.  Urban Decay's Primer Potion comes with a weird little brush that, after many uses, gets a little gross.  Also, you can buy the Prime Pot in s few different shades to match your skin tone, so it also acts as a foundation.

But, I did notice that Urban Decay's Primer Potion now comes in a new packaging AND comes in different shades.  So, maybe they heard my cries of rage?

My second mission was to scope out the Forever 21 jewelry sale.  All jewelry was an additional 30% off this weekend!  I got 2 sets of earrings, a necklace and a ring for $8!  Here's the Polyvore set of what I got (the ring is only a similar one because the one I got is sold out and I can not find a picture).

Forever 21 Jewelry Sale (11.5.11) by veggielawyer

And as Elena has reminded me (since she was there for this shopping trip), the third mission was a FAIL.  I wanted to try on the Liquid Silk Skirt at J. Crew.  However, the small J. Crew near my place did not carry it.  I will attempt this mission again this weekend.  And, it now comes in POLKA DOTS!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...