Penniless Socialite: A Christmas PSA: Give a Little this Holiday Season

Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Christmas PSA: Give a Little this Holiday Season

Yes, I sent out Lilly Pulitzer cards this year.  Available here.
As I finish writing my Christmas cards, I realize that I can be a little bit selfish.  In a season full of material things (and while writing a blog full of them), I forget to give a little.  A cause that is near and dear to my heart is the plight of shelter animals.  I have three, yes three, adopted pets. I have a menagerie happening in my apartment. They cause me a lot of stress and really cut into my sleeping time....and I would not trade them for any thing.  So during this season, give a little to help out animals in need.  You can donate to the ASPCA or call your local shelter to see what supplies they need.  Shelters are always looking for donations of food, toys and even old blankets.  Or go one step further and make it your New Year's resolution to volunteer at your local shelter.  It's mine this year!
My furry little lady, Gaia
And if you are looking for a pet, please visit your local shelter before going to a breeder.  There are so many deserving animals just waiting to be adopted.  A common motto of animal shelters is: Adopting one dog (or cat) won't change the world, but it will change the world for that one dog (or cat).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...