Penniless Socialite: Honored and Excited

Monday, February 20, 2012

Honored and Excited

Friday I was thrilled to wake up and find a comment from Carisa over at Bunnies and Pearls awarding me the Liebster Blog Award.  (My delay in posting is not a result of lack of excitement, but more because of a lack of time.)  Make sure to check out Carisa's blog.  It's a mix of crafting, fashion, food and all around cuteness.

In honor of this award I am pledging to do a few things:
1. Start responding to as many comments on my blog as possible;
2. Take better pictures;
3. Snazz up my blog layout; and
4. Start putting the buttons on the sidebar directing you to the blogs I love.

So, to start this off, here are the 5 blogs I am honoring with this award (in no particular order):

1. The Tiny Heart: I have a soft spot for Sharon because she's a fellow Jersey girl.  She's cute and funny.  I've been reading her blog for quite some time now and I love seeing how it evolves.  Her pictures are getting awesomer (yeah that's a word) and her outfits are getting more adventurous.  So, go on over and check out her fashion evolution.

2. Hems for Her: Katie describes herself as a hot mom, an awesome teacher and a curvy fashionista.  I would add one more description for her: sassy lady.  Just one look at her pictures and you see all the sass contained in that beautiful lady.  Her outfits are colorful and fabulous and I've even been inspired to buy a few items that I saw her wearing.

3. The Funky Junkie: Brenda is a blogger that you just wish would take you on a shopping trip.  She's hilarious and smart.  She has a skill of which I am totally jealous: thrifting.  She also puts so much thought into each of her posts, so you get more bang for your buck with her blog.

4. All the Chic Things: Jill offers up daily fashion advice and gives you some frugal options for the more spendy trend.  Jill was on top of the metal accessories trend like 10 seconds after the Grammy Awards.

5.  Favor the Brave:  And while we're on the topic of talent and girls named Jill.  Jill at Favor the Brave is one of the craftiest bloggers I've ever seen.  Currently, I am amazed at her coffee filter roses.


If you have been awarded the coveted Liebster award, here’s what’s next:
* choose five up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award
*show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.  If you not already a follower of their blog, that might be a great way to show appreciation for the award.  ;)
*Post the award on your blog.  Be sure to link back to the 5 blogs you awarded so that others can visit them.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...