Penniless Socialite: Bathroom Redux: Brought to You by Target

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bathroom Redux: Brought to You by Target

So, there's no outfit post today...because I couldn't find an outfit that segways into my Target Tuesday finds: Bathroom Accessories.  Yeah, I know, somehow I don't have any bathroom themed outfits.  

The bathroom is the one place in your home in which guests will be alone.  (That's not an original thought, I read that over on A Cup of Jo)  Also, since it's the smallest room in the apartment, it's a room I can actually redecorate on a dime.  So, off I went to Target.  

I wanted a white ruffled shower curtain, but I was not about to pay $70 for one at Pottery Barn.  I had found some great options on Amazon for less than $30, but then I saw this one at Target on clearance for $9!!  Ok, it only has one ruffle, but now I have some more money in my wallet.


Simply Shabby Chic Lace Dobby Bear Shower Curtain

And apparently, the theme of my bathroom makeover is compromise.  This is the bathroom rug I really wanted:

This is the one I actually got.  The Scot told me that I can't have owls in every room because people don't want to go to the crazy owl house.
Fieldcrest Luxury Ogie Bath Rug (21x34

Fieldcrest Luxury Ogie Bath Rug 

And Target told me these were the towels that matched the rug, but now that I look at them, I am calling shennanigans on that.
Fieldcrest Luxury Ogie Hand Towel

Fieldcrest Luxury Ogie Hand Towel

I wanted a pretty glass soap dispenser, but I had to compromise and get an ugly plastic one because someone in this apartment keeps knocking my soap dispenser off the counter when he shaves.

And I finished off the redecorating with some prints from Etsy



and a Pinterest find to store some cotton balls.


And one last compromise... I really wanted this nightlight.

But, I was reminded that I'm an adult....and it doesn't match the bedroom decor.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...