Penniless Socialite: In the Caboodle: Stuff I Put on My Face

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

In the Caboodle: Stuff I Put on My Face

The post title pays homage to the cartooning and makeup mastermind that is Natalie Dee.  I'm not as funny or creative as her.  Whatever Natalie puts on her face, I pretty much will put on mine.


Stuff I Put on My Face

Now that I put it up there...holy crap I smear a lot of gunk on my face!  It's no wonder I had to upgrade from the Caboodle into a rolly cart.  If my bosses ever find my blog (please, dear every religion's god, don't let that happen), they will question why I only look like a human being when I am 5-10 minutes late to work.  And now I also see why I have an embarassing amount of Sephora VIB points...and why the sales people get those cartoon money sign eyes when I walk in the door.

Prime
Porefessional - I've already talked about this stuff, but it's my blog and I'll do what I want to.  This stuff will change your life.  Ok, maybe I am exaggerating.  But it will make your pores look a lot smaller, which is important to someone like me that has pores in which small children could fall into.
Murad Primer - I didn't use primer until six months ago.  I know...craziness.  I like Murad's dewy finish primer because I can wear it without makeup and it does help my foundation last a little longer.  I sometimes switch it up and use Arbonne's Primer, but I have to put foundation on over that one.
Erase Paste - I have gross dark circles...which I have already told you about.  So far it's the best I've found, but it's still not great.  It covers my dark circles, but creases before the end of the day.  I'm open to suggestions.
Stila Prime Pot - I know a lot of your will call me a heathen for believing this, but Stila's Prime Pot blows Urban Decay's Primer Potion out of the water.  My eye shadow last all day (and sometimes all night if I drink too many beers and fall asleep on the couch).

Face
Sonia Kushak Blending Sponge - Yeah, that blue thing is a blending sponge, you bunch of pervs.  It's the best and gets your foundation into all the nooks and crannies.  And it's $2 cheaper than Sephora's.
Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse - After MAC discontinued it's spray foundation, I had a small freak out.  I tried probably close to 20 different foundations and I was not about to pay $62 for the Dior foundation.  Then, I found a regular old grocery store foundation that fit most of my needs.  It's not spray...it is actually mousse.  It's super light weight and lasts all day with a primer.  I think you can skimp on the quality of your foundation if you have a good primer.  I know that Sephora now has their own spray foundation and I may give it a try.
Benefit HighBeam - I don't know how I lived my life before discovering highlighters a few months ago.  I apply it right above the apples of my cheeks and under my brows...amazing.  It gives youa dewy glow and makes your face really pop in photos.

Eyes
E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner - I normally do not advocate going cheap on your eyeliner because cheap eyeliners don't usually go on smooth.  However, this is the smoothest applying cream liner EVER!  I've tried the expensive ones from Stila and Benefit and came back to this $3 beauty.
Maybelline Collosal Mascara - I like to think of myself as a mascara purest and have never gone too fancy with my mascaras.  I always go back to the classic Maybelline.
Naked 2 Palette - I don't need to preach about Urban Decay to the choir.  I have thrown away all other day time eye shadows after getting this palette.

Cheeks
Nars Blush in Orgasm - Put all other blush in the dumpster and get this stuff.  It looks good on everyone and has the right amount of shine for day or night.

Lips
Buxom Lip Shine in Dani - This was a hard one to pick.  I am a lip gloss addict, but I do think I turn to Buxom more often than any other.  It has great color and shine...and has a bit of that minty tingle.

So, now I have answered everyone's burning questions about my makeup routine.  Ok, nobody asked, I just really wanted to do this post.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...