Penniless Socialite: In the Caboodle: Maybelline Lipsticks

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

In the Caboodle: Maybelline Lipsticks


Bright purple hued lip sticks are going to be huge this Spring.  So, I decided to get a jump on this trend and, of course, I didn't want to spend a bundle.  I went off to Target with some Maybelline coupons in my pocket and picked up the Color Sensational Vivid lipstick in Hot Plum and Color Whisper in Faint for Fuchsia.

The Color Sensational Vivids promise to provide a more vivid color and a creamier feel due to the addition of honey nectar.  It's definitely more pigmented than most lip sticks I've used, however, I didn't think the texture was any thing new.  When I used it with some lip primer, the color lasted hours...even with eating and drinking.  However, it started to clump after a few hours leading to an uneven color.  My other complaint with the Vivids is that all of the colors have the same color cap, therefore, it was really hard to pick one out at the store and will be a pain if I purchase more than one.

The Color Whisper is far less pigmented, but is much creamier and more moisturizing.  The Color Whisper promises to be lighter because the pigments are suspended in a gel.  It definitely feels more like a lip balm than a lip stick.  I had to re-apply the color several times over the course of a few hours, but it was easier to apply than the heavier Vivid. 

Are you going to be sporting the bright pinks this Spring?

Full Disclosure: I did not receive any thing from Maybelline in return for writing this post.  I purchased the lip stick myself and all opinions are 100% mine.  
Linking up to the Instagram Blog Hop and Totally Linked In Tuesdays.

This month's Supreme Whopper Sponsor is:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...