Penniless Socialite: In the Caboodle: June Julep and Ipsy Boxes

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

In the Caboodle: June Julep and Ipsy Boxes

The June Julep theme was “Sail into Summer” and the nail polish collection is named the “Nantucket Nostalgia Collection”.   I'll be honest, I wasn't thrilled with the colors, but I really wanted the DD creme.  Mostly, I just wanted to see what I was up against, since I have ZZ creme in development for release in 2 years.  I assume that's about when we'll exhaust all other letters.  Sarcasm aside, I did want to try it and it's already $36 for a tube.  I figured I'd spend the $20 and also get some nail polishes.
  • Julep DD Creme ($36): I don't know what DD stands for, but it claims to “moisturize, prime, perfect, and protect”.  I really liked it, but let's be honest....it's just a good (slightly thicker) tinted moisturizer.  It's not a revolutionary formula, but it works and I like it.  It goes on smooth and provides great coverage.
  • Nail Polish in Raegan (hot pink creme)
  • Nail Polish in Peyton (kelly green creme)
  • Salt water taffy....yum!

The Julep Deets
  • $20.00 per month (but, you can skip a month if you need to!).
  • You get to preview your Maven box each month and decide which one you want
  • Each box contains 2 full-sized Julep polishes (retail: $15 each) plus one full sized Julep beauty product (ranging $15 to $40). 
  • You can earn credits for referrals and other activities!


And on to the Ipsy Glam bag!


  • Starlooks Lip Pencil (Tickle Me Pink) ($12):  I don't use lip liner and I just can't manage to get into it.  Plus I don't really like the color...bummer.
  • NYX Cosmetics Mosaic Powder Blush (Boho Chic) ($7): I love the color of this blush and I love NYX products.  However, I have like 5 blushes opened right now.  So, I am saving this puppy for a little while.
  • J.Cat Beauty Sparkling Cream Palette  (Susie) ($4.49):  This is a little too much glitter...even for me.  The "eye shadow" is super heavy and uncomfortable.  It just feels cheap.  I put "eye shadow" in quotes because this is more like eye goop.
  • J.Cat Eyelashes + Eyelash Glue ($3.99):  I need to send a memo to all beauty sample things.  STOP SENDING ME FAKE EYE LASHES.  I don't like them.  They feel weird and I look like a drag queen in them.
  • Cailyn Gel Eyeliner (purple) ($21):  This was by far my favorite item in the bag.  I love the built in brush.  I usually use a slanted brush, but i really liked this little pointy one.  The eyeliner goes on really smooth.  It's not super pigmented, but I was happy because I got the purple eyeliner.  It'd be too intense if it was any darker.
The whole glam bag had a value of $48.48....excluding the cute make up bag!  Even though the only product I'll be using any time soon is the liner, it was still worth it this month as the liner is valued at $21!

The Glam Bag Deets
$10 per month
5 beauty products, some full sized (2-3) in each bag, 1 cosmetic bag

**Full Disclosure: Ipsy and Julep Maven are monthly beauty subscription services.  I am in no way affiliated with Ipsy or Julep and have not received any compensation for this post.  All opinions are 100% mine.  

Linking up with Fabulous But Evil for Subscription Share, Anything and Everything Blog HopThe Collective Blog HopFriend Connect Blog Hop
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...