Penniless Socialite: In the Caboodle: January Ipsy Bag

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

In the Caboodle: January Ipsy Bag

Jan 14 Ipsy 3 Jan 14 Ipsy 2 Jan 14 Ipsy 1
  • Epice Purifying Exfoliant (1 oz. ~ $10): I am a sucker for an exfoliant.  I love scrubbing off a layer of skin and starting fresh.  Ok, I know that's not really what happens.  But this stuff left my skin feeling so smooth.  It's really soft and creamy, but the little polyspheres (is that the right word?) can be a little rough if you scrub too hard.  So, I would not recommend this product if you have sensitive skin.
  • Proactive Mark Fading Pads (4 pads): Supposedly these pads will fade the discoloration in a blemish.  Somehow this was the one month that I didn't get a giant zit.  So, I have nothing to report on these.
  • Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner (1.7 oz. ~ $3.50): I love this stuff.  It's not a heat protector, but it made my hair feel so soft and silky even after blow drying and flat ironing.
  • Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm ($30): There is nothing good about this product.  It doesn't really feel like a balm...more like a dry lip tint.  
  • Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil in Pearl ($14.99): I have several problems with this product.  First, it's supposed to be a shadow pencil, but it's the size of an eyeliner.  This would take awhile to apply as a coat of shadow.  Second, "pearl" is the color baby vomit.
The total value of my glam bag this month was over $60!  (I didn't know the real value of the mark fading pads, so my number is a little vague).  Although I will not use the lip pencil and nail polish, I think it was worth it.

The Glam Bag Deets
  • $10 per month
  • 5 beauty products, some full sized (2-3) in each bag
  • 1 cosmetic bag
**Full Disclosure: Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription services.  I am in no way affiliated with Ipsy and have not received any compensation for this post.  However, I do receive points to redeem for product if I refer new subscribers with my referral link here.  All opinions are 100% mine. 

Linking up with  Mix it MondayTrend Spin Link UpFunday MondayMonday Morning GossipMonday MingleStylish TuesdaySyle SessionsNoor's Place and Glossy Blonde
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...