Penniless Socialite: Stripes and Lime Tweed

Monday, February 17, 2014

Stripes and Lime Tweed

green and stripes 3 
Shirttail Mini Skirt: J. Crew (similar) | Striped Blazer: Calvin Klein, old (worn, similar) | 
Rhinestone Necklace: Style Lately (worn, similar herehere and here) | Spike Necklace: Yuni Kelley (exact) | 
Tee: Whoop Tee, designed by me (worn) | Zig Zag Stockings: Tabbi Socks (exact) | Ankle Boots: DSW (worn, similar) | Ring: Michael Kors via PoshMark (similar) | Star Bangle: C. Wonder Store via PoshMark (similar) | 
Spike Bracelet: Groopdealz (worn, similar)
green and stripes 1 green and stripes 2 green and stripes 4 green and stripes 5

When I saw this skirt on Annie of The Other Side of Gray I fell out of my chair.  The falling had nothing to do with the skirt, I'm just clumsy.  This skirt is just awesome.  It's tweed.  It's the perfect shade of lime.  It's the perfect length between pencil and mini.  However, it was sold out online (and out of my budget range at $128).  But then, as I was perusing the J. Crew clearance rack at the mall, I came upon one last lime green tween skirt in my size.  It had  no tags, so I assumed it was just placed on the rack by a lazy customer coming out of the dressing room.  I brought it to the register, just to see how much it was.  And then I started to panic.  I hate not buying something after I make the cashier look up the price for me.  I know, I am a weird social freak.  Anyways, as I was panicking about how I was going to nonchalantly leave the store after the cashier told me the skirt cost as much as my monthly grocery bill.  But, then a miracle happened, the skirt rang up $30 after the 50% off sale items.  I think my own personal little J. Crew elf left the skirt for me. 
 
get the look new
Linking up with  Little Miss MondayMix it MondayFunday MondayMonday Morning GossipMonday MingleTrend Spin Link UpStylish TuesdaySyle SessionsAfternoon StyleThe Pleated PoppyTransatlantic BlondeWhims WednesdayBecause Shanna Said So, I Feel PrettyWhat She WearsI do deClaireBe.You.,tiful Link PartyMix and Match FashionAll Things ThursdayLovely Blog HopFriday's FivePassion for FashionSimply Just LovelyGlitz and GoldVodka Infused LemonadeThat Friday Blog HopFashion Informant Link Up, and Perfectly Coutured
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...