Penniless Socialite: Look What I Got: Pink and Gold Bedroom

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Look What I Got: Pink and Gold Bedroom

Bedroom Tour 
So, I have been (slowly) taking you on a little tour of my new home and the (really) little DIY projects I've been doing.  Next up is my bedroom, which may be my favorite room in the house.  It's full of pink and gold details, polka dots and ruffles. (and lots of TJ Maxx finds).  Obviously, the Scot is thrilled with how it turned out.

Bedroom Tour 1 
Bed: Raymour and Flanigan (exact)  | Bedside tables: TJ Maxx | 
Comforter and pillow shams: TJ Maxx | Polka Dot Pillow: Calvin Klein via TJ Maxx (similar) | 
Sequin pillow: Cynthia Rowley via TJ Maxx (similar)  | Curtains: Groopdealz
Paint: Benjamin Moore, Gentle Butterfly | Gold polka dot decals (similar)

I knew what I wanted to do with the bedroom long before we moved in.  My old bed was a cheap piece of crap and, since we don't like sleeping on the floor, the bed was our first purchase.  Then came the painting.  I may have told a fib and told the Scot that the paint wasn't that pink.  Well, he decided to start painting one day while I had to work late....and he had a lot to say about the paint.  Luckily, he had already painted a whole wall before fully taking it in.  So, it was too late to turn back.  We were on our way to my Barbie Dream House bedroom.  The Scot also had to return to Home Depot without me and request paint in the color "gentle butterfly."  He now refers to our bedroom as "the butterfly's vagina."

And then it got worse for the Scot when I started putting up some gold polka dots decals (tutorial coming soon!) and ruffled curtains.

Bedroom Tour 2 
Gold feather pictures: Target | Frames and pink rose dish: TJ Maxx

And I've just kept adding gold, girly details ever since!

Bedroom Tour 3 
Table: TJ Maxx | Bottles: Michael's

I did let the Scot mount the TV on the wall, which was his only design contribution to the house.  And, why yes, that is a gold polka pumpkin.  

Bedroom Tour 5 
I Love You and Shoe canvases: TJ Maxx (similar) | Sequin Ampersand: DIY (here

The Scot's only other requests for the bedroom was that he have a full length mirror (vain much?) and a bench to sit on to put on his shoes and socks (like Mr. Rogers).  

Bedroom Tour 7
Lamp: Target | Owl Dish: Target (similar) | Gray bird bowl: TJ Maxx (similar)

So, there you have it.  My pink and gold dream room!


 photo LWIGRules_zps26ecaa31.png

1. follow your hosts

Sharon @ The Tiny Heart


2. grab a button
Or link back to one of your hosts, and help us promote Look What I Got!

3. link up!
Link up your post on what you got (for cheap)!
(Please don't link up your entire blog or any posts that are not "Look What I Got"! )

We love having you link up and we will be reading all your posts! So, if you don't follow the rules and link back you'll be put in time out (i.e. we'll delete your link).

4. mix and mingle
Visit some other blogs and let them know you found them through the link up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...