Penniless Socialite: A gift that (probably) won't get thrown away or returned...

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A gift that (probably) won't get thrown away or returned...

Christmas Plants

Succulent in GlassOrchids / Evergreen Tree

Ever wonder if the hours you spend at the mall during Christmas season are for naught?  And that those gifts you languished over and wrapped in every sparkly ribbon you could find wind up in the return pile the day after?  I know the day after Christmas I usually spend returning ill-fitting sweaters and contemplating how I will use 10 bottles of Bath and Body works lotion.  Don't be that gift giver. 

This year, give people something that will actually make them happy...a potted plant!  Ok, I know that sounds silly, but it's true.  People will actually like this gift.  They might not be 1998 Nintendo 64 excited, but they won't be 8th pair of socks disappointed either.   

Everyone could use a nice live plant to brighten up their living or office space.  And, unlike cut flowers, you won't be giving them the sadness that comes with throwing away dead flowers.  (Anyone else get depressed by cut flowers?  No?  My first thought when I receive a bouquet is..."This will look nice for 2 hours and then I will have to throw it away when it dies."  Maybe I am the only lady in the world that's sad to receive flowers).

And if you are one of my across the globe readers (or one with international family like me), Fresh Flowers.com.au is offering a bonus box of chocolates with every order AND 10% off for first time buyers!  Check out their Facebook page to see more promos and get updates on when you can order Valentines Day flowers.

Disclosure: I was compensated for this post, but all opinions are 100% mine.
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...