Penniless Socialite: July Ipsy Bag Review

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

July Ipsy Bag Review

July 16 Ipsy bag

The theme of this month's bag, for me, seemed to be illiteracy.  Two of the five products I received were items that I had noted in various reviews and my beauty profile that I did not want.  I hope that Ipsy steps it up for my next bag.

The Balm Meet Matt(e) Trimony Eyeshadow in Matt Kumar (0.5 g, ~ $5): No matter how many bad reviews I leave for these crap-tastic eyeshadows, Ipsy keeps sending them to me.  This is probably the worst one.  Yeah...matte burgundy looks super duper on a pale person.  I look like the Bride of Frankenstein.

Eva NYC Get Glossed Hair Serum (0.4 mL, ~$5): I felt like this product was just "meh."  It made my hair a little bit glossier and frizz-free.  However, I think I have 300 other products that work just as well.

Too Faced Hangover Primer (0.16 oz, ~ $5).  Although this is a high-quality product, I am really disappointed that I got it.  I specifically noted on my beauty profile that I did not want any more face primers.  I already have a huge stockpile.

Vasanti Cosmetics Eyeshadow Brush ($18): I go through makeup brushes fairly quickly.  Get ready for some good ol' fashioned oversharing.  I have greasy eyelids, so I tend to wash my eyeshadow brushes at least one per week.  Therefore, as you can guess, they wear out a little bit quicker than I would like.  So, I always like to have a stockpile of brushes.  I really like the shape of this brush and the softness of the bristles.  It's perfect for lid or crease application of shadow, but I think I am going to use this as a concealer brush.

Skyn Iceland Daily Cooling Lotion (15 mL, ~$10):  Ipsy has made me a total Skyn Iceland addict.  I love their undereye gels.  I actually travel with these and pop them on during my cab ride to the hotel if I need to be beautiful and active immediately after exiting the plane.  I've also started using their cleansing cloths.  They are really gentle and great for blemish-prone and sensitive skin.  So, I was obviously excited to try this lotion.  And it's getting added to my travel bag.  It's like having a little mini-facial.  The lotion is cooling, without the burning sensation of some grocery store brands (I'm looking at your, Garnier).

I was actually really bummed out by this bag.  I felt like most of the products did not match my beauty profile at all and completely ignored all the reviews I've placed on the site (i.e. telling them 5 or 6 times that I hate The Balm eye shadows).
Ipsy Deets
  • $10 per month
  • 5 beauty products, some full sized (2-3) in each bag
  • 1 cosmetic bag
**Full Disclosure: Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription services.  I am in no way affiliated with Ipsy and have not received any compensation for this post.  However, I do receive points to redeem for product if I refer new subscribers with my referral link here.  All opinions are 100% mine.

Linking up with Monday MingleHello Monday, Trend Spin Link UpSyle SessionsThe Pleated PoppyStyle Me Wed., Fresh Fashion ForumThe Mummy ChroniclesTucker UpPastries, Pumps and Pi, I do DeClairePumps & Push UpsWhims Wednesday, Mix and Match FashionThursday Fashion FilesHappiness at MidLifeFriday's Fab FavoritesPassion for Fashion
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...