Penniless Socialite: Look What I Got: Birthday Discounts and Freebies

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Look What I Got: Birthday Discounts and Freebies

Birthday Discounts 16 Birthday Discounts 16_2 Birthday Discounts 16_3

Every year for my birthday, I spend a whole day picking up my birthday discounts and freebies.  Yes, I celebrate my birthday every year by eating and chopping alone.  Sometimes all I want for my birthday is to be left alone.  Yes, I am a cranky mom (sans kids).  
As per tradition, I start off my morning (or more aptly mid-morning) with my free birthday drink from from Starbucks.  All you need to get yours is to sign up for a Starbucks card.
I then sauntered over to Bloomingdale's where for every $100 you spend during your birthday month you get 5,000 Loyalist Points (which equates to a $25 gift card).  Becoming a Bloomingdale's Loyalist member is totally worth it!  I racked up my $100 with a pair of Soludos, Kendra Scott earrings, and a Bailey 44 Dress.  There were also some major sales happening during my shopping excursion.

And then I popped over to Vera Bradley to use my 25% off birthday discount to snag a new wallet, into Vicotria's Secret to use my $10 birthday reward on some new undies (a perk of having their credit card), and over to DSW to use my $10 birthday reward towards some Chuck Taylors.  The I hopped over to Sephora for my birthday freebie.  This year it was a fresh cleanser and mask.  You really need to sign up for Sephora's VIB points program.  While there I also got a free sample of an Urban Decay gloss with 100 points earned with my VIB card and an Urban Decay lipstick on clearance!  They were trying to clear out before the new release of the Vice lipstick collection. So, for $12.50 i walked out with my cleanser, mask, gloss, and lipstick.  

The last stop of the day was for my free Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee.  With their mobile app you earn points towards free coffee, get special coupons, and get a free birthday drink!

The only discount I did not use this year was my Anthropologie 15% off discount.  It wasn't good on sale items and they've routinely been having extra discounts on sale items.  Right now it's 30% off sale stuff!  So, the birthday discount did not seem worth it at the time.

Could there possibly be birthday freebies and discounts that I haven't signed up for?  If so, let me know!



 photo LWIGRules_zps26ecaa31.png

1. follow your hosts

Sharon @ The Tiny Heart


2. grab a button
Or link back to one of your hosts, and help us promote Look What I Got!

3. link up!
Link up your post on what you got (for cheap)!
(Please don't link up your entire blog or any posts that are not "Look What I Got"! )

We love having you link up and we will be reading all your posts! So, if you don't follow the rules and link back you'll be put in time out (i.e. we'll delete your link).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...