Penniless Socialite: Tips for Purchasing Hair Extensions with BestHairBuy

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Tips for Purchasing Hair Extensions with BestHairBuy

Best Hair Buy 1

I remember mocking fake-looking hair extensions on celebrities.  (I'm looking at you Britney Spears).   I thought that they were cheap looking and totally unnecessary.  However, over the last year I have totally changed my tune when it comes to hair extensions.  When done right, hair extensions can add a ton of body to your everyday look or take a fancy up-do to the next level.  Hair extensions have become an integral part of my going out looks.  
  
Best Hair Buy 2
Best Hair Buy 4

I have realized that not all hair extensions are created equal.  It's all about quality and styling.  BestHairBuy does it right and offers a wide variety of high quality extensions.  

However, a bad purchase could turn you off extensions forever.  Therefore, I have a few tips for hair extension newbies.

1.  Start Small.  If you've never purchased or used hair extensions before, start small.  Purchase a small 7 piece set, or even just one large weft if you can.  You can usually find relatively good quality ones for less than $100.  If you decide they're for you, you can add to your collection.

2. Quality is Key.  Always go with real human hair extensions.  If you're willing to spend a little more money, go with virgin hair.  I recommend going with "remy" extensions.  Remy hair is considered to be the finest quality of human hair because the cuticles are kept intact and not stripped.  Therefore, they tend to look more natural.  Fake hair looks like a Halloween wig from Party City and will not stand up to washing and styling with heat.  You will want to wash and use heat styling on your extensions.  It will save you from having to purchase straight and curled extensions.  I use mine in a variety of styles.

3.  Color is Important.  Even if you purchase quality extensions, if the color is off, your 'do is not going to look natural.  Many websites will send you samples of the colors they offer.  BestHairBuy has tons of color options.  And remember, if you can't find a good color match, you can dye natural hair extensions.  But, don't cheap out on the dye.

4.  Start Simple.  There are many different styles of extensions and application methods.  For baby's first extensions, I recommend clip in extensions.  They are so easy to put on and are easily hidden under your own hair.  I have not yet graduated to other types because I really love the clip in method.

Are you willing to take the plunge and try out extensions?

Disclaimer: I was compensated for this post, but all opinions are 100% mine.
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...