Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Love: November 2011 Edition

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Stuff I Love: November 2011 Edition

Here's the list of stuff I am loving this month:
1. Mindy Kaling.  She's cute, she's funny and seems to love food and despise working out as much as I do.  She has a great blog that I read almost everyday and a new book that I am dying to read when I get a spare second.
2. The Muppets.



Do not even try to tell me that you don't like The Muppets.  If you haven't seen The Muppets Take Manhattan, you did not have a childhood and I am judging your parents' ability to raise a child.  Seriously, please do not even tell me you don't get a little tear in your eye when you hear Rainbow Connection.  If you don't I refuse to believe you have a soul.  I will be seeing the new movie over Thanksgiving weekend.

Oh, and OPI designed a Muppet-inspired line of nail polishes.  Rainbow Connection may finally end my life-long hatred of glitter nail polishes.  (Seriously, they are lumpy and the WORST to try and remove).

Source
3. Animal Jewelry.  I like whimsical animals and I like rhinestones.  Do I even need to explains this?



5. Colored Tights (other than black and nude)
Source
I am really loving crazy-colored tights this season.  I haven't quite figured out how to wear them without looking like a 5 year old clown.  Hopefully I will be venturing out into the world soon in my multi-colored legwear.  So far, the lessons I've learned are to make the tights the focus of the outfit and match them with solid pieces or play off a color in a pattern.

6. Sweatpants as appropriate dinner attire.  Some families "dress for dinner." Not mine.  On Thanksgiving we try to spend as much time as possible in sweat pants.  My mom tries to spend as much time in her turkey-print turtle neck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...