Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Wore: Shabby Apple

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stuff I Wore: Shabby Apple

So, I finally took the plunge and bought a Shabby Apple dress.  You didn't think I'd become their "affiliate" and put their button on my sidebar if I hadn't tried them out, did you?
Dress // Shabby Apple (similar here)
Nude Flats // Steve Madden (worn here and here, similar here)
Cropped Cardigan // Banana Republic

The fit of the dress is fantastic, even though you can't tell from these pictures.  Taking pictures with a dog who likes to run around you in circles is not a wise idea in a form fitting dress.

Earrings // ??? (similar here)
Ring // Avon (vintage) (similar here and here)
Bangles // Target (similar here)
You can't even see the adorable ruffle on the back of the dress!

This dress is very well made and hugs the curves in all the right places.  There was one small problem with the dress: the arm holes were teeny tiny.  Yeah the arm holes were too small, my arms are not too big.  Although, I have been working out at the gym.  Ok, it's because I am super ripped and can punch through walls.  I couldn't even get my hulk arms into the arm holes.  So, I broke out my seam ripper and just ripped the sleeves off.  I'm not entirely sure why I own a seam ripper, since I have no business doing any sort of garment work.  But, the horror of my at home alterations were easily covered by a cardigan.  Now I just have to find someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to alterations.  I was too impatient to bring it to a seamstress.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...