Penniless Socialite: Hair Do Dads and the Young Designers Collective

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hair Do Dads and the Young Designers Collective



 photo YDCCollage_zps0b9b7a19.jpg  photo IMG_5516_zps194025d4.jpg
Fascinator: c/o Young Designers Collective (exact) | Dress: Parabal Gurung for Target |
Shoes: Marshall's (worn, similar) | Necklace: c/o Style Lately (worn, similar)




 photo fascinatorandparabalgurung_zpsf61e8fec.jpg

 photo fascinatorandparabalgurung3_zps29bec911.jpg

 photo Fascinatorandparabal_zps8aee93a0.jpg

 photo fascinatorandparabalgurung5_zps9685cc29.jpg
Women nowadays don't wear enough hats and other hair do-dads.  So, I take any chance I can to wear one.  Yeah, maybe I'll get a few odd looks, but deep down inside I know I am fancy lady with my head gear.  So, of course, I jumped at the chance to model a hair fascinator by Shilpa Iyengar.  Shilpa is part of the Young Designers Collective, which is a group of artists and designers based in NYC that design for non-profit organizations.  So, this hair do-dad is making me look good AND saving the world.  YDC provides young designers with an outlet to gain recognition that would have otherwise been difficult to achieve.  YDC provides quality hand-made products while doing some good.  

And.....don't forget to enter my giveaway for a gorgeous necklace!!

Full Disclosure: The fascintaor was provided to me free of charge by the Young Designers Collective as part of a Brand Backer campaign.  All opinions are 100% mine and I was not compensated in any other way.

Linking up with: The Pleated Poppy, Transatlantic Blonde, Rolled up Pretty, Because Shanna Said So, I Feel Pretty, Style Elixir and Passion for Fashion
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...