Penniless Socialite: In the Caboodle: April Ipsy Bag

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

In the Caboodle: April Ipsy Bag

ipsy april 14 2 April 14 Ipsy Collage
I am going to start off on a positive note with my Ipsy Bag this month.  But, I am warning you, it goes downhill.

Cover FX Mattifying Primer (15 mL ~ $19): I loved this stuff.  It goes on silky smooth and made my skin feel flawless.  The best part is that it contains anti-acne medication.  On the wrong day I have the complexion of an unwashed teen.

Mary Kay Jelly Gloss ($10, full size): I did not like the consistency of this stuff.  The name is appropriate.  It went on like grape jelly...and then was sticky and weird.  On the plus side, the coral-ish pink color was fabulous.

Urban Decay Velvet Eye Pencil (travel size ~$10): I am a huge fan of any thing Urban Decay.  And this eye pencil was no different.  It goes on smooth and has a super velvety texture.  I guess the name is apt?  

City Color White Gold Eye Shadow ($3.99, full size): This stuff is supposed to be a highlighter and eye shadow.  I don't think this works as a highlighter.  And seriously, white shadow?  Are we going to the junior prom in 1999?  

Kiss Lashes (this is actually a negative value for me): I feel like I have ranted enough here about fake lashes.  I do not wear them.  Please everyone stop sending them to me.

So, Ipsy, you get points for the super eyeliner and awesome primer.  However, I am going to come to the Ipsy offices and leave fake eyelashes in everyone's coffee if I keep getting these things.  Also, I am shocked and appalled by the white eye shadow.  In the end, I got 2 products that are worth about $29 that I love.

The Glam Bag Deets
  • $10 per month
  • 5 beauty products, some full sized (2-3) in each bag
  • 1 cosmetic bag
**Full Disclosure: Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription services.  I am in no way affiliated with Ipsy and have not received any compensation for this post.  However, I do receive points to redeem for product if I refer new subscribers with my referral link here.  All opinions are 100% mine. 
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...