Penniless Socialite: It's so hard to say goodbye...

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's so hard to say goodbye...

Summer is coming to a close. The fireflies are slowly fizzling out, kids are going back to school, neighbors are draining their pools. I don't yearn for backyard BBQ's and the beach days. I'm a pale vegetarian, but there is one end of summer tradition that tears me apart each year: packing away my easy breezy summer dresses. Every year I lament over my last few moments with my summer dresses. Do I really have to say goodbye to them until the thaw of next spring? Absolutely NOT!!

Pairing your summer dresses with fall accessories can carry them over into the next season, so that you can hold on to your summer memories (and get your money's worth of your summer purchases). Brown riding boots, blazers, cardigans, scarves and tights can lengthen the life of some of your summer dresses.  Even though you're putting away your open toed shoes and can FINALLY stop obsessively changing your toe nail color (wait, is that just me?), remember that your nails can be an accessory too!  Essie's new fall colors are amazing!

Sadly, I have been unable to transition the Backswept Dress into fall.

Here are some examples of summer to fall transitiions utilizing fall accessories paired with three of my favorite summer purchases: Tupelo dress from Anthropologie, Lila Frock from Anthropologie and my horse print dress from Francesca's Collections (the one pictured is a similar frock from ModCloth)

Tupelo for the Fall

Tupelo for the Fall by veggielawyer featuring fringe scarves

Smocked dress
$168 - anthropologie.com

Fringe scarve
$16 - modcloth.com

Lila Frock for Fall

Lila Frock for Fall by veggielawyer featuring ballerina flats

Horse Print Dress Fall


Sweetheart dress
$50 - modcloth.com

J Crew knit cardigan
$70 - jcrew.com

Halogen leather boots
$200 - nordstrom.com

Miss Selfridge silver belt
£6 - missselfridge.com

Hat
$24 - amazon.com






Two piece dress
$158 - anthropologie.com

Summer cardigan
$40 - anthropologie.com

Opaque tight
$12 - kohls.com

Tory Burch ballerina flat
£175 - selfridges.com

Star necklace
$48 - anthropologie.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...