Penniless Socialite: Belated Shoesday: Ankle Boots

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Belated Shoesday: Ankle Boots


The only thing that can console me after the change in weather forces me to put away my easy breezy summer dresses and wedge myself into tights are boots. I love boots: knee high, wedge, flat, high-heel; any boot brings a smile to my face. I mostly try to keep my boots pretty high, but I am tempted this season by the ankle boot.  Specifically, I am looking towards flat, menswear inspired ankle boots.  I think they look great with jeans or tights and can toughen a girly dress.  I love J. Crew's Emmett Ankle Boots, but there are two problems: the price ($238.00, yikes!) and they are leather.

My favorite categories of ankle boots are "western" and "motorcycle."




1.   Candie's Western Boots
      $48 - kohls.com
2.   Rifle Western Boots
      $79 - famousfootwear.com
3.   Bucco Western Ankle Boots
      kohls.com
4.   ASOS flat booties
      $63 - asos.com
5.   Forever21 studded booties
      $33 - forever21.com
6.  Forever21 slouchy boots
       $33 - forever21.com



And here are a few options for styling.

I could not resist styling one of the vacation purchases.  This butterfly printed dress from Debenhams (by Oasis).  The dress is so flowy and comfortable.  I think the boots are a great contrast to the girly dress.




Oasis blue cap sleeve dress
$17 - oasis-stores.com

J Crew crew neck top
$70 - jcrew.com

Miss Selfridge antique gold jewelry
£5 - missselfridge.com


This second look features one of my favorite new Anthro dressses: the Button Belted Dress.  I LOVE that this dress also becomes a skirt.  Throw a frilly white blouse under the cardigan and you have another look.  I would also put on some brown tights for the colder weather.



Button Belted dress
$248 - anthropologie.com

Gossamer True Cardigan
$78 - anthropologie.com

Western Rifle Boots
$79 - famousfootwear.com

J Crew gold plated ring
$25 - jcrew.com

Halation necklace
$48 - anthropologie.com






This third look was inspired by J. Crew.  "Liquid Silk" is the perfect name for this skirt.  Although I like the bright blue color, I think the subtle pink works great with the brown ankle boots.

Ankle Boot Look #3


Liquid Silk Skirt
$118 - jcrew.com

Forever21 studded boots
$33 - forever21.com

J Crew crystal bangle
$45 - jcrew.com

Bird Whistle Necklace
$28 - topshop.com

Secret Wash button-down shirt in white
$63 - jcrew.com






And for the last look I am going with my casual uniform: jeans, cardigan and scarf.  I have not ventured into colored denim yet, but I am willing to give it a try.  I'm not willing to invest in the pricey Anthro skinnies yet, but I could be enticed by a reasonably priced pair from Target.



Clever Critters Cardigan
$84 - modcloth.com

V neck t shirt
$8 - target.com

Pilcro Stet Slim Straight
$98 - anthropologie.com

PASHMINA ART cashmere scarve
€95 - pret-a-beaute.com

Candie's Western Boots
$48 - kohls.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...