Penniless Socialite: Shoesday: Topsiders

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Shoesday: Topsiders

Have you seen the new J. Crew catalog?  If not, get yourself to a store and take a peek.  One of my favorite looks of the catalog features Sperry Top-Sider Boat Shoes.  Oh, and THEY COME IN PINK!!!
Sadly, the lining of these shoes is leather, making them a no-go for me.  But, I am determined to get myself a pair this spring.
Sperry does make a version with a fabric liner.  They come in adorable stripes, but I don't think I can get the pink out of my head.

Sperry Top-Sider Boat Shoe - Striped

I've always thought boat shoes looked stuffy and like they belonged at a yacht club in New England.  However, I love the way J. Crew styled them and made them chic and fun.

Here's how to get the catalog look.  And I added some simple accessories.



Paneled Cashmere Sweater
$188 - jcrew.com

Keeper Chambray Shirt
$78 - jcrew.com

No. Pencil Skirt
$110 - jcrew.com

Sperry Topsiders Boat Shoes
$98 - jcrew.com

Juicy Couture flower earrings
$48 - nordstrom.com


And here's how I'd style some pink boat shoes, two different ways.  It's strange that I like boat shoes, since getting on a boat is one of my least favorite activities as a result of my debilitating sea sickness.  I'll just enjoy a mojito on the dock while everyone else boats.




Tied Shoulder Shirt
$78 - anthropologie.com

Keeper Chambray Shirt
$78 - jcrew.com

GAP mini skirt
$50 - gap.com

Old Navy pleated skirt
$35 - oldnavy.gap.com

Sperry Top-Siders Boat Shoes
$98 - jcrew.com

Juicy Couture bangle cuff bracelet
$45 - juicycouture.com

Dragonfly jewelry
$48 - nordstrom.com

J.Crew post earrings
$38 - jcrew.com

Lauren Conrad pearl earrings
$7.80 - kohls.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...