Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Bought: A Year in Review

Monday, January 2, 2012

Stuff I Bought: A Year in Review

2011 will always be remembered as the year I discovered Anthropologie.  Yes, it's hard to believe that I was a non-believer before my life partner Elena dragged me there one evening after work...and it was love at first sight.  I swooned over the Sing Sweetly Party Dress.
Dress

I went back several times to visit my coveted bird adorned frock.  I fretted over spending $150 on ONE DRESS.  I could get 10 dresses for that price at Marshalls!!!  But, when I finally took her home, I never looked back.  Gone were the days that I filled my closet with disposable items from Marshall's.  Now, I meticulously pick out each item of clothing, thinking about how it will make me look and feel.  I believe that clothing is more than a body covering.  You should feel beautiful in each thing you wear...even your jammies.  Yeah, I have satin polka dot jammie pants, and I look awesome in them.
For instance, my second Anthro dress, The Lila Frock, makes me feel professional and girly all at the same time.  I rock this dress to real estate closings AND out to happy hour.
Dress

And, since the Scot is moving in and I have to give up one of my 2 closets, I have to really think about what I buy and keep.  I've loaded countless bags with my treasured items of clothing and hauled them off to Goodwill, hoping that someone will wear them and cherish them as I had.  I had to sit in front of my closets one day and ask myself, "What do I care about more?  These clothes?  Or giving The Scot a comfortable place to call home (and store his myriad of plaid shirts and cardigans)?"  Did I really need 4 pleated skirts?  No, I only needed 3...haha.  So now, I have a single closet full of items that I truly love, and that includes the Sing Sweetly Party Dress.
And now on to my other favorites from this year.
3. The Liquid Silk Skirt.  This just makes me want to twirl.
J Crew skirt

4. J. Crew's No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Goldenrod. J. Crew had a great year for skirts.
J Crew skirt

5. And my discovery of AG Stevie Jeans.  Seriously, my butt is out of CONTROL in these!!
Anthropologie jeans
And who could forget (6) the Tupelo Dress and (7) the Backswept Dress.  These dresses make me yearn for summer.
Dress

Dress

8. The Dulcie Dress.  Well this wasn't a purchase, it was a gift.
Dress

9. The Lemon Liftoff Blouse (just to prove that I bought more than dresses in 2011).
Blouse
10. Candies Blue Platforms...because I also bought shoes in 2011.
Sandals





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...