Penniless Socialite: April Glam Bag and Miscellaneous Birthday Swag

Thursday, May 10, 2012

April Glam Bag and Miscellaneous Birthday Swag

It's no secret, I like free stuff.  And with the institution of my current spending freeze, I've been relishing in the freebies.  Recently, I've been anti-shopping, as I like to call it.  In short, I come home from the mall with money in my pocket and crap in my shopping bags.
First up, my April Glam Bag.  Ok, it's not free, but for $10 a month I get to try some samples.  It's almost free.



All Belle Eyelashes  - I don't wear false eyelashes and probably never will.  I blessed with a fabulous, thick double row of eyelashes.    Yeah, I'm bragging.

Derm Store Lip Quench - I have a lip gloss problem.  I might need to go to a meeting about it.  This lip quench stuff is pretty awesome and moisturizing.  I just wish it was tinted.  Although I am blessed with great eyelashes, I am also blessed with lips that are the exact same color as my chin.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil - This is actually my go-to eyeliner.  It's the best.  It goes on really smooth and doesn't skip.  (You know what I'm talking about....your dry eyeliner "skips" and you wind up with gaps in your eyeliner.)  I have this pencil in black, but My Glam sent me a purple one.  I am pretty excited to try a new color that I probably wouldn't have been brave enough to buy.

TWO Make-up Brushes - My Glam is on their way to supplying me with a whole set of these pink brushes.  I love it!  Keep them coming!

A few days later my Target Beauty Bag came in the mail!  I love this bag-o-samples.  It comes around twice a year and is only available in limited quantities.  I always jump on the chance to get one.  Usually it shows up on Target's website, but this year you had to go through Target's Facebook page to get one.  So, you should like Target on Facebook.



This season's bag, which was a cute striped Lone Soho New York cosmetics bag, contained:
Nivea Extended Moisture Daily Lotion - I'm always looking for sample sizes of lotion to keep in my purse.  

Pantene Color Hair Solutions Shampoo - I don't color my hair, so this is going over to my mom.

Neutrogena Visibly Bright Daily Facial Cleanser - I love all of Neutrogena's products and I've been dying to try this.  

L'oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer - I've recently started using face primer, but have only been able to find expensive ones.  I paid $20-ish for my Murad Primer and I would like a low-cost replacement when I run out.

Simple Skincare Cleansing Wipes - I've started using wipes to remove my make-up at night because I think my eyeliner has started lasting for a about a week.  However, I am going through a TON of them.  So, I'm on the look out for some new cheap ones.

Target Beauty Coupons - This is obviously my favorite part of the beauty bag.

And on to the anti-shopping and Birthday SWAG!!!
This week I went to Target and to the mall.  I returned a $15 dress to Target and then a $44 dress to Francesca's.  So far I was +$59.  I received one of my periodic free underwear coupons from Victoria's Secret, plus my $10 reward car for spending so much money PLUS my $10 birthday gift certificate.  So, with my $20 in rewards cards I got spray on primer (awesome) and VS's delicates laundry detergent.  It's seriously worth the $14.


And then I walked into Sephora to grab my free birthday gift, a Sugar Kisses mini lip duo.



I still have my $15 birthday reward for Banana Republic, my 15% off coupon for my hair salon AND my 15% off ANTHROPOLOGIE BIRTHDAY DISCOUNT.  I will be using that at the tag sale.
So, after my day of anti-shopping, I came out with underwear, detergent, primer and two lip glosses and I was +$53!!!  (I had to spend $6 over my VS rewards).  
Everyone should sign up for credit cards and rewards cards from their favorite stores.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...