Penniless Socialite: Friday's Fancies: Guest of Honor and HELP!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Guest of Honor and HELP!

This is where I call upon the powers of the blogosphere for some help.  I'm going to a wedding in Scotland in September and I have the whole outfit picked out with the exception of a clutch and a headpiece.  (I know it's early, but I am an obsessive compulsive planner.)  If am going to a wedding in the UK, I WILL wear a sassy headpiece or straight up hat.  Those people across the pond love a good wedding hat.  I missed out on wearing a hat at the Scot's sister's wedding last year because I was unsure about it.  I will not miss another opportunity like that again.  So, brilliant fashionistas, I need your help.  What sort of headgear goes with this outfit? I also need a clutch too.
Incomplete Wedding Outfit




The dress is part of Banana Republic's Mad Men Collection, but in my mind the real star of this show are the earrings.  When I saw those suckers on Jewel Mint they were quickly in my shopping cart.  So, my dilemma is finding a head piece that goes with the dress and doesn't outshine the earrings.  I'm trying to go for a bit of 1950's glamour.  I don't know if I just want to go with a fascinator or a full on Queen-style HAT.  I don't want to look like a wack-a-doo, but I will be damned if I miss another hat-wearing opportunity.  

Linking up

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...