Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Bought: Sephora Haul

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Stuff I Bought: Sephora Haul


1. Benefit Erase Paste ($26): I was in the market for a new under eye concealer and had heard good things about this one.  It's good, but not as good as I thought it should be for $26.  It goes on smooth, but creases by the end of the day and I don't think it provides enough coverage.  However, I have intense under eye circles.  INTENSE.  My under eye circles must be the result of a genetic mutation.  There is no other explanation.  Can any one recommend a good under eye concealer that provides an insane amount of coverage?

2. Benefit The Porefessional ($30): In addition to raccoon-like circles under my eyes, I also have HUGE pores.  Gaping pools dotted all over my face.  I know, I am gorgeous.  Anyway, this gunk is supposed to minimize the appearance of pores.  I have tried every thing to reduce the size of my face craters.  AND THIS IS THE FIRST THING THAT HAS EVER WORKED.  This stuff is magical.  It makes my face feel so smooth.  I can't even compare it to any thing because my face has never been this smooth.  I don't know what sort of fairy dust is in here. 

Ok, two items is by no means a haul.  However, take a gander at what I got FOR FREE!!!!

I received a coupon via email to get this bag o' goodies with any purchase.  The email was only sent to V.I.B.'s (Sephora's designation for suckers that spend way too much money on beauty products).
1.  Stella Perfume: It's perfume.  It smells pretty.  I will use it to cover up my stink.
2. Sephora Face Primer: Nothing to write home about.  It's a run of the mill primer.  It's anti-shine, which makes no sense to me because aren't you supposed to put foundation and powder on top of it?
3. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer:  Another primer, but I think this one feels a but smoother and lighter than the Sephora version.
4. Sephora Instant Moisturizer: Sephora, please stop giving me samples of this crap.  It sucks.  I'm not even providing a link to it out of hatred.
5. Murad Essential C Moisturizer: I like any thing by Murad.  I'm a Murad groupie.  This stuff is awesome and smells like oranges.  It's also supposed to protect my face from free radicals, which, according to every beauty product, are a threat to national security at this point.
6. Algensit Overnight Restorative Cream:  I already have some anti-wrinkle stuff I'm testing so this one has to wait.  It's supposed to restore radiance to my skin when worn overnight.  Good, because I lose most of my radiance in my sleep.  2 oz of this stuff is $90, so this 0.5 oz sample is worth $22.50.  This stuff better make $20 bills shoot out of my huge pores for that price.  
7. Lancome Mascara:  I used up another sample of this stuff.  It's amazing...like a good bra.  It lifts and separates.
8. L'Occtiance Shea Butter Hand Cream: Just as I was saying I needed a new hand cream for my purse, Sephora delivers this one to me.  It's really nice, but smells a little medicated.  At least I have new perfume to cover up the smell.
Thanks to this bag of stuff (and my Glam Bag), my face will be primed and wrinkle free.  I'm going to be so smooth and younger looking that people are going to start wondering why I'm posting so many photos of a teen girl.  And then I'll get put on a list...maybe I should stop using all this face crap.

Linking up
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...