Penniless Socialite: In the Caboodle: May Julep Maven Box and Ipsy Glam Bag

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

In the Caboodle: May Julep Maven Box and Ipsy Glam Bag

After my disappointing Ipsy Glam Bag and my awesome Julep Maven box last month, Ipsy redeemed themselves and Julep outdid themselves.
This month's theme was Spring Fling.  I don't really get this theme or how the items fit into it....other than all being awesome.

Pacifica Bronzing Body Butter: I love Pacifica products.  I have some soy candles and raspberry lotion from them.  They never disappoint.  This bronzer is super moisturizing and has just the right amount of sheen to it.  I, obviously, can't wear a dark bronzer, so I really liked this subtly of this stuff.  And, bonus, it smells great.
Zoya Nail Polish in Gie Gie: I love Zoya nail polish.  So, I was really happy to see a full size polish in my Glam Bag.

Mirabella Lipstick in Posy:  I really like this lipstick.  It's not all that pigmented, but it glides on really smooth, feels light and has just the right amount of sheen.  I think it's perfect for summer.

Yaby concealer refill: I HATE when they send me these little silver tins that just get lost in my Caboodle.  However, I do really like this concealer.  It's the perfect color and provides enough coverage even for my raccoon eyes.  I just don't know where to store this little doo dad.

Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss:  I saved the best for last.  This was my favorite item in my Glam Bag this month.  First up, it's not sticky.  I know!  A lip gloss you can wear when it's windy and not get a long floppy mustache thing happening?  Genius!  It's also long lasting and smells fruity and delicious.  I ask for a lot out of my lip glosses, and this one delivers.  

The Glam Bag Deets
$10 per month
5 beauty products, some full sized (2-3) in each bag, 1 cosmetic bag


And on to the Julep Maven box!



This month's theme was Jazz Up Your Style: Set the Stage.  I think they should have just gone ahead and said it's Great Gatsby themed.  Maybe there was some sort of problems with the rights?  Anyways, here's what was in my Maven box:

  • Nail Polish in Zelda (pinkish champagne metallic)
  • Nail Polish in Gabrielle: (a deep rich purple creme shade)
  • 3 Mini Lipsticks in Lady in Red (Matte Crimson Lip Color), Sweet Lorraine (Bubble Gum Pink Lip Sheer), and Charleston (Cranberry Lip Sheer).
  • 3 Rose hair clips

The Julep Deets
  • $20.00 per month (but, you can skip a month if you need to!).
  • You get to preview your Maven box each month and decide which one you want
  • Each box contains 2 full-sized Julep polishes (retail: $15 each) plus one full sized Julep beauty product (ranging $15 to $40). 
  • You can earn credits for referrals and other activities!
**Full Disclosure: Ipsy and Julep Maven are monthly beauty subscription services.  I am in no way affiliated with Ipsy or Julep and have not received any compensation for this post.  All opinions are 100% mine.  

Linking up with Fabulous But Evil for Subscription Share, Anything and Everything Blog HopThe Collective Blog HopFriend Connect Blog Hop
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
This month's Supreme Whopper Sponsor is:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...