Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Love: February 2012 Edition

Friday, February 3, 2012

Stuff I Love: February 2012 Edition

1. Shopkick
Source
Shopkick is a free app for Android or iPhone that gives you points and coupons for using it.  You can then redeem those points for gift cards.  You get points by walking into stores, scanning items in stores or just clicking on stuff.  I don't know what kind of gypsy magic lets the app know how many times I got to Target each week, but I rack up quite a few points for it.  It's pretty awesome and I am well on my way to a $25 Target gift card.

2. Jason Wu for Target
Source
Everyone is already writing about this, so I don't feel like I need to say much more, other than I want the navy dress and the cat bag (of course).  The collection will be available online and in stores on Super Bowl Sunday.  I am a little scared to go to Target that morning based on the stories I heard about the Missoni madness.
3. Alcatraz
J.J. Abrams delivered exactly what I was expecting from a TV show, a deep seeded mystery, a lot of unnecessarily overdramatic string music, and a fat guy that says "dude" a lot.  All kidding aside, I do like the show.  The underlying mystery is that a bunch of prisoners disappeared from Alcatraz 40 years ago and now they are all reappearing, looking exactly the same.  So, Hurley, Sam Neill and some blonde lady have to capture them all.  So, each week you get a little stand alone crime drama and some Lost-esque mystery thrown in.

4. Kelly Clarkson
Well, not Kelly Clarkson exactly, although I do love her.  I am specifically enamored with the commercial for the Toyota Camry starring Kelly, Chris Berman, James Lipton and Andrew Zimmerman.  I love the grouping of all these people and I really LOVE James Lipton singing in the backseat.


5. Bold Watches.
I've been obsessing about watches lately.  I love how big bold watches look paired with a myriad of bracelets.  I've invested in a $12 Target watch in (what else) hot pink.
But, I really want a white ceramic Michael Kors watch.  Anyone have $500 I can have?
Source

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...