Penniless Socialite: Daydream Believer (OOTD 2.2.12)

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Daydream Believer (OOTD 2.2.12)

 So originally this post was going to be about breaking fashion rules and mixing black and brown...blah, blah blah.  But in light of Davy Jones' death, I decided to change the theme.

Similar Skirt
Blouse worn here, similar here
Similar Wedges
Davy Jones was my first official celebrity crush.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I'm a Daybreak Believer and I took that last train to Clarksville.  When I was in kindergarten reruns of The Monkees were on Nickelodeon after school.  I, not realizing there had been a significant passing of time since the filming of The Monkees told my mom that Davy Jones was the cutest boy ever and I wanted to be his girlfriend.  My mom tried to explain to me that Davy Jones was 15 years older than her and that the show was filmed 15 years ago.  I didn't believe it and said, "But Mom, look at the TV, he's A LOT younger than you."  Not only was I an idiot, but I was also kind of a jerk.
On another unrelated topic, As you can probably tell, I messed with my blog layout the other night.  The Scot picked out the header and background combo.  The rose images are courtesy of Pugly Pixel, an awesome design blog with tons of freebies.  I just need to find a spot on the blog to give them credit. I know, the Scot is now an integral part of the blog: photographer and now consultant.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...