Penniless Socialite: Weekend Update: Too Hot to Handle

Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend Update: Too Hot to Handle

Dress // Forever 21 (similar here); Earrings // Anthropologie (worn here, similar here);
Necklace // J. Crew Factory (worn here, similar here); Flip Flops // Banana Republic



Bracelets // Forever 21 and Target.  One "bracelet" is a hair tie from Anthro.
This weekend I celebrated my bestie Elena's birthday in Princeton.  Yeah yeah, we had fun and drank all day.  It was so hot.  I was too sweaty for public display, so there were no pictures.  
However, the real story of my weekend was my cat, Apollo.  If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that I humiliated Apollo and got him a super cool lion cut.  Before you judge me, you have to know, this guy is a furry little asshole.  He consistently scratches the dog in the face, eats all the other cat's food, knocks anything expensive over in the apartment, grabs any food left unattended, AND he begins screaming every morning at 5 am outside my bedroom door to be fed.  So anyway, the king of the apartment had to be taken down a notch...and needed less hair for the summer. (For reference, this is what he looked like before.)



He's now the most pathetic creature I've ever seen.  The other cat doesn't recognize him and has been hissing at him all weekend.  He's no longer allowed near the food bowls or the litter box.  The dog now has access to lick him unobstructed by a thick layer of protective hair.  Side note: I have no idea why my idiot dog wants nothing more than to lick the cats.  Apollo has been glued to me all weekend for protection from hissing and licking.
And to continue the crazy cat lady theme of the weekend, Sunday I watched a marathon of "Say Yes to the Dress"  and "Hoarding: Buried Alive" and clipped coupons.  I wasn't crying or wearing a wedding dress while doing this, so I guess it wasn't THAT pathetic.
Linking Up
Have you checked out my Storenvy shop?  New items added this weekend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...